Financial Aid Applications are now closed
As part of its mission to support the study of pain, NeuPSIG provides financial aid to help those with limited resources attend the Congress. Applicants from around the world are invited to apply for funding online.
- Applicants must be NeuPSIG members to be considered for a financial aid award. Applicants who are not NeuPSIG members will automatically be disqualified.
- Applications must be submitted by the deadline: Wednesday April 5, 2017 .
- Applications will be accepted from persons in developing countries1, those from countries with currency exchange restrictions, and NeuPSIG trainee members in developed countries. (Note: A trainee is defined as a person currently in training, such as a student, intern, resident, fellow or post-doc. Applicants will be categorized based upon the country in which they are presently working, studying, or living in determining eligibility and award amounts.)
- No one will be fully funded to attend NeuPSIG2017. Financial aid will take the form of free registration and financial support for hotel accommodations. If you are awarded financial aid, you will automatically receive free registration to the Congress, so the funds awarded are above and beyond this expense.
To Apply for Financial Aid:
Applicants will need to provide the following information:
- IASP membership number. You must be a NeuPSIG member to receive financial aid. Only applications from NeuPSIG members will be reviewed by the Bursary Committee. NeuPSIG membership must be active by April 5, 2017.
- Best publication in the field of neuropathic pain. You will need to list all relevant information including all authors' names in the order they appear in the publication, title of publication, journal name or book title and publisher, journal volume, page numbers, and year). Only one publication will be accepted.
- Previous presentation at a national or international meeting. Information about your presentation (meeting name, date, sponsoring organization, title of presentation, invited or submitted presentation); only one presentation will be accepted.
- If employed or enrolled at a hospital, university, or other institute, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- Abstract submission to NeuPSIG 2017. Abstracts should have already been submitted to NeuPSIG. Late-breaking abstracts will not be included.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation are not required but strongly encouraged.
- CV: All applicants must upload a copy of their CV. If you need to create one, a downloadable template is available here. (Using the template is not required for submission.)
Review and Selection Notification:
Selection of financial aid awards will be based on the total score of the application. Once the committee has finished reviewing all the applications, notification of award will be sent by May 5, 2017. Both acceptance and rejection emails will be sent. All decisions are final.
Please direct all questions to Brittney Peters Brittney.firstname.lastname@example.org at the IASP Secretariat office in Washington DC, USA